Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

For the past 4 years we have spent Halloween with the Schlabachs. The first time I was still pregnant with Joelle. It is so much fun to get together and have good times with good people.
The big kids and Joelle. You won't see many photos with the big kids in them. Once they get the go ahead, they are off. We wouldn't be able to keep up with them.
Isn't this the best looking pirate you have ever seen???
The set up. We couldn't ask for anything more. Mike and Michelle have wonderful neighbors and they even put the TV outside so the guys could catch the World Series and the football game!!
And the little ones. Can you tell that Joelle was so proud of her HUGE glow stick.
The first house. Joelle was so excited to finally be able to Trick or Treat. She had been bugging me all week long about when she was going to get to Trick or Treat. She loved getting candy for doing nothing but being cute.



I am not sure what is happening here. She was coming down the driveway and she was bending backwards like she was belly laughing. I caught it perfectly on film, but I am at a lose for the words to describe it:)
Here she is showing Daddy her goodies. She was very proud of her haul.
The big kids actually needed to take a break. They got a little tired and a little thirsty! They were off in no time.

At the end of the night while we waited for the big kids to come back, the little ones watched some Scooby Doo and relaxed a little. I think this helped Joelle because she went to bed pretty easy. Also, big lollipops are good when you want your child to only have one piece of candy but be occupied for a LONG time!
I had a wonderful time watching Joelle get such delight out of the simple act of trick or treating. I felt my heart swell with love and pride so many times as I realized that my little baby is no longer a baby and barely little any more. When she was lagging behind the others, she would bust out a run that would make world class sprinters jealous. Her little legs moved so fast I laughed every time. It is an absolute JOY to be her mother and I am so blessed that she is my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment