Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Much to be Thankful for.....

This year Steve and I did not go to LA for our traditional Thanksgiving with the Pratt family. Luckily, we will be seeing them all next weekend. David and Megan spend their Thanksgivings with their mom and her family. This left Steve, Joelle and I to fend for ourselves. Initially the prospect of not having a big Thanksgiving was a little disappointing. We decided that we were still going to do turkey with some works-thank you Steve for being a great cook:) I made my favorite desert from the Pratt Thanksgiving-banana cream pudding/pie. There will be no curry chicken, goat, or oxtail this year, but there will be love. The day has been such a relaxing day of just spending time with my husband and daughter. And being able to really enjoy that time. I am so thankful for Steve. When we got married 5 years ago in my vows I stated that he was the missing puzzle piece that made me whole, my knight in shining armor. A truer statement was never said by me. He brings me up when I am down and he also knocks me down when I need it:) What more could I ask for? When I married Steve I got an instant family. I have been so blessed to be a part of David and Megan's lives. They are wonderful children who will grow to be wonderful adults, just like their dad. And when I did not think I could be more blessed, Steve and I were lucky enough to have Joelle together. She is the light of my life and when I don't think I could possibly love her more, I do.
I am also very lucky to have wonderful parents and siblings. Our family is very close, and that is something that a lot of families can not say. I am thankful that my father is a cancer survivor. I am thankful that we are all healthy of mind and spirit. I am thankful to just be able to take a breath every morning and kiss my loved ones goodnight. I have so much to be thankful for.....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite sister and best friend. I missed you today-as I do on every holiday that we cannot be together but I know that no matter what...we are in together in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete