Saturday, November 20, 2010

Be Careful What You Say!

So Thursday night Steve and I are talking and I mention to him that this whole big girl bed thing seemed to be a pretty smooth transition. He said yeah, she seems to be doing really well. Of course, I wake her up at 6:10 am each morning and she is still asleep, so that could be why. Anyway, off we go to bed. My ritual each night is to open her door and check in on her. I have to walk entirely in the room though, I can't just peek in. If I don't do this, I can't sleep. So, I open the door and look at the bed, only Joelle is not in it. Her sheet is pulled back and the bed is empty at this split second 2 things happen 1) I realize that I did not put the monitor on when she went to bed so she could be anywhere in the upstairs(which was pitch black) and 2) the panic that sets in something so dreadful I don't even have words for how far my stomach dropped into my feet and how fast. Then I scan the room and there she is. By the rocking chair. I said by the chair, not in it and this is why. I have a blanket that my friend Jennifer Wright made for Joelle when she was born. It is white and has little baby animals stitched into it and it hangs on the back of the chair. I don't want Joelle to ruin it, I want it to be a keepsake. Anyway, Joelle must have wanted that blanket because she was standing in front of the rocking chair facing it, and then she must have leaned forward to grab the blanket and smell it. Side note: If you don't already know, Joelle loves to sniff her blankets and her babies, it helps to calm her and comfort her. So she has the blanket shoved in her face and she is literally facing the chair and leaning on it. And she is sleeping. Completely, totally asleep. I called Steve and told him to look at her and he said I guess we need to be careful what we say!

No comments:

Post a Comment