Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Things

Yesterday we went to out to eat with Steve's boss and co-worker. We went to Modern Steak in Scottsdale-great place. The service was fabulous and the decor was nice. Megan would like her bedroom decorated like the women's bathroom!! We got a seafood tower appetizer that had lobster, crab, shrimp, and oysters. It took a moment of prodding, but both kids decided they would try the oysters. These were not cooked in any way, shape or form. We coached them on how to swallow them, that they tasted like sea water with a splash of lemon, and Megan tried to down her first. Now, Megan has a hard time swallowing things such as medication. Anything that is a little on the large side, and she just has a really hard time. She tried, she put forth her best effort, but alas, the oyster did not do down. Of course David saw this and then he wasn't so sure he wanted to try the oyster, but he did. He had no problem swallowing it. I was very proud of both kids for trying something that a lot of adults would not have tried. We had a wonderful evening and Joelle was a very good little toddler. By the time we got home, it was WAY past her bedtime. Her bedtime ritual is to use the bathroom, and then we put a diaper on. She is not able to get through the night without peeing. I put her to bed, said goodnight, and then I crawled in bed. At 1:30 I woke up because Joelle was calling me on the monitor, "Mommy, Mom, MOM!" I got up, got my bearings and walked to her room. I opened the door and asked her what was wrong. She told me in a voice filled with urgency that she had to go pee on the potty. I quickly got her out of her room and in the bathroom. She went to the bathroom and back to bed. I was surprised that she woke up and called to me. I gave her a lot of praise so maybe this will be the beginning something new. We'll see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment