Sunday, November 21, 2010

Look at My Wet Hair Mom!

So, all soon to be 3 year olds are very adventurous right? Joelle went running to the bathroom saying, "I have to pee, I have to pee!" Sometimes when she does this, she doesn't make it to the toilet before beginning to pee. I went to go check on her to make sure she did wet her pants, and as I walk in the door, she says, "Look at my wet hair mom!" with a huge, happy smile on her face. It is then that I notice that her hand is in the toilet water. She has soaked her hair with toilet water. USED toilet water. The water she peed in. We have had several conversations about the water in the toilet and how it is dirty and she should not put her hands in it. When she used the little potty it was right next to the toilet and she would sit there and reach her hands in the toilet and splash the water. Every time she did this I explained how "yucky" and "dirty" the water was. She didn't get it apparently. She has a thing for the nastiest stuff in the bathroom. Once, when she called for a wipe, I walked in and she was playing with the scrubber for the toilet bowl. Who does that?? I freaked and told her how dirty it was and how nasty and she got mad at me for taking it away. I know she is only 3 and just doesn't understand the disgusting aspect of this, but for the girl who freaks out when her hands are dirty or when she climbs in her booster seat and there are remnants of the previous meal, why is she okay with the nasty toilet?

No comments:

Post a Comment