Saturday, November 20, 2010

Be Careful What You Say! Part 2

TGIF! After a long week at work, I love to get comfortable on the couch and watch TV with Steve. Joelle has had a cough lately and I had to give her medicine the last 2 nights so that she could just sleep at night. Her cough is ridiculous and almost non-stop the minute she lays down. Got her dosed up and crawled into my comfy spot and Steve and I watched some DVRd shows. We have surround sound and sometimes the sounds are so real. All of a sudden in a very ethereal voice I hear Mom? I look to Steve to see if he has heard the same thing or if I am a little too tired and sure enough he says you better go check on her. I walked up the stairs and as I rounded the landing to second set, I see Joelle standing at the top of the stairs. She says, I need a cup mom. When I asked her why she said she needed the orange cup. As I walked her back into her room, again I asked her why. She said, "because I coughing mom." Sweet girl. I talked her back to bed and this time she stayed there for the rest of the night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment