Saturday, October 16, 2010

Too Tired!




Yesterday Joelle and I had a great day at Makutu's, unfortunately, she did not get a nap. When we left Makutu's, we went to pick up David and Megan from their mom's house. We hadn't seen them in a week. Joelle was so excited to see them, so I let her stay up longer than I should have. When it was time for bed, as I tried to get her to give kisses, she ran to the kitchen and opened the pantry door. While she looked in the pantry, she crouched a little and peed on the floor!! A lot! I yelled at her to stop so she could go on the potty, but she just couldn't. As she looked down at the puddle, she slipped and feel right on top of it! As she got up, there was pee all over her clothes and body. PLUS she had hit her lip on the tile floor and split it open. So, not only did she have pee all over herself, she had a mouth full of blood as well. I carried her up to the bathroom and put her in the tub. Her lip was pretty big. After she was all cleaned up and ready for bed, we sat in the rocker and snuggled. We out ice on her lip and she was so tired, she actually left it on! It was kind of nice since she fell asleep in my arms and I can't even remember the last time that happened. It was such a precious moment. I feel a warmth and contentness as she curls next to me for comfort. Those moments are what being a mother are all about. I was worried that her lip would swell, so I elevated her mattress. It worked, you can barely tell that her lip is swollen at all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment