Saturday, October 9, 2010

Potty Training Update

Well, it has officially been one week. I am very excited and happy to say that Joelle is doing a great job. In the beginning I wasn't sure we were going to get to this point. She was going through underwear like crazy. I was constantly doing laundry!! Eventually she got to a point where she is able to just get up and use the potty when she feels like she needs to. I do still give her reminders by asking her if she needs to go to the bathroom, but she usually says no, not yet. We were at the park the other day and when we got to the park she said she had to go so went to the bathroom. The bathroom is a good 100 plus yards from the actual playground so it was good we did this when we first got there. I told her when she felt like she needed to go to tell me right away so we could make it to the bathroom. I was very brave and did not put a pull up on her. I am trying to only do that for naps. After a while, she grabbed her butt and said, I have to poop. I was like GREAT, we are never going to make it to the bathroom in time. I told her to hold it in so we could go to the bathroom and off we went. I tried to get her to run, but she said no. She was walking funny and all I could hope was that it wasn't loose!! All of a sudden she began running. When we got to the bathroom, she hadn't actually gone yet. She pooped on the potty at the park:) A small one or two did make it out before we got there, but she was able to hold it in. This is when I really began to believe that it was working! My baby is not a baby anymore. She is a little girl and each and every day she amazes me. I feel so blessed to have her in my life and amazed that she is apart of me and Steve- the best parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment