Sunday, March 6, 2011

Purple is coming to get me!


We have been in the new house for exactly 3 nights. I am sleeping and it is about 11:30pm. I awake out of my stupor to hear Joelle calling for me on the monitor. I get up to go to her room and Steve (who was watching TV) was also on his way. I walked into her room and she is curled up in a little ball on her bed. She has her hands plastered to her eyes to cover them. I picked her up and asked her what was wrong. In a shaky voice that was hard to understand she says, "Purple is coming to get me mom." Huh? I must not have heard that right. I tried to take her hands away from her eyes and she smashed them tighter to her face and started to cry. I tried rocking her on my lap and asked her to take her hands down and she refused. I asked her again what was coming to get her and she said Purple. Steve came in and tried his hand at it. At first she still wouldn't take her hands off her eyes, but eventually she did. When we made the insane suggestion that it was time to go back to sleep, she panicked and started to cry again. She said, "I wanna sleep in your bed mom." Well, guess what, she did. She has never had a bad dream like this and I was sure that being in a new room was a little scary. She is quite the crazy sleeper, thank God we got a King size bed before we moved. Cut to the next night at bedtime. I was worried that since we let her sleep in our bed she may not want to try her room again. I was right. As soon as we walked into her room at bedtime she began to cover her eyes. I tried to walk around the room and show her that there was nothing there, but that did not help since her eyes were closed! Luckily I found another night light and I put two in her room (the one she had was not too bright, when I peeked in at night, I couldn't really see her in her bed) and that did the trick. We also said a little prayer that Purple would not come and get her anymore. It worked! She woke up the last two mornings very happy to let me know that Purple did not come to get her through the night. Now, if only we could figure out what Purple was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment