Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Honey, We're Home!!

Well, we have been in the new house for 2 weeks now. It already feels like home. Joelle loves the new back yard. She wants to play outside all the time now. It is great! Even though we went from a two story to a one story, it feels like we have so much more room. Most of the set up is complete. The main living area doesn't have a couch or anything in it yet. We are waiting awhile and then we will get either a love seat and sofa or a small sectional. Megan wanted her room to stay the same, but Joelle and David will be getting their rooms painted when Grandma Ginny and Grandpa Bob come on Wednesday. I haven't posted any pictures until now because I told my mom that I wanted her to be completely surprised by the house. Mostly for the back yard. I LOVE the back yard. I have spent so much time outside in the last two weeks it is ridiculous! Anyway, here are a few pictures......
This is the view when you enter the front door. The lighting was screwing the camera up so the picture is not that good!
This is the same room on the right side....
and this is the left side. We are looking for a nice sectional or maybe a sofa and love seat for this room. So for the time being, it has a rocking chair in it:)
Our backyard!!! We LOVE it and spend soooo much time out here. The weather has been terrific.
The side yard. We are planning to get Joelle some kind of play structure for the part of the yard. It is perfect because there is plenty of room for it and we won't have to see it from the table.
Additional space.
the reverse view.
The kitchen- I am so glad to have an island again. It is perfect for Joelle's cereal in the morning before school so now I don't have to have an ugly cover over my pretty table.
the reverse view.
The kitchen leads right into the family room. This is where most of time is spent (well, when we aren't outside!)
This is David's room. It will be getting a make over in the next few days. We are painting the walls Miami Dolphin green and using orange as accents. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
This is Joelle's room. Her room is also getting a make over. We will be painting the walls a shade of green called Mother Nature. I have made a lot of the accents for her room with her old crib bedding set. The bed skirt you see here was the one from her crib. I sewed it together to make it fit her new bed. Well, it shows in all the places you can see!
This is Megan's room. She did not want her room painted, but we got a new comforter and put up her new curtains. I also made some wall hangings for her room from some fabric I bought and the pillow shams that came with the comforter. I will post those later.
This is the master bathroom. Finally Steve and I have double sinks:)
And here is our bedroom. We got a new King bed, but we haven't gotten new bedding yet! I love having a couch in our room to relax on while we watch TV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment