Thursday, March 24, 2011

David's Miami Dolphin Room

This is a before photo. There was a sports themed valance on the window.
I had to take this border off before we started. The first wall was pretty easy, but it got worse from there.

After: This is the view when you enter the room. Grandma Ginny and I spent last Friday painting rooms. David's room needed 2 coats of paint. The color that he picked turned out great. We put two coats of paint on David's room and painted Joelle's room in 9 hours!! I could not have done this without the help of my mom. It is so much fun to do projects like this with family so that when you see the room, you know that lots of love went into it.


You can't really see it, but the curtain rod was a wood rod that I spray painted orange to go with the theme of the room. I also spray painted the wood boarder of the bulletin board orange so that it would pop.


The wood shelf was a darker wood that I spray painted as well. The orange baskets we had. I guess I have wanted to give him a dolphin room for a while:)


David and I went to the Mesa Marketplace swap meet and found this great Dan Marino photo. I had an old wood frame that I painted orange and it turned out great. The photo frames that are on the dresser are an orange colored wood so they fit in perfect! I love how the room turned out and I hope David loves it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment