Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crafty Me- Who Knew???

This desk chair used to have a purple and white checker pattern. I took the diaper holder from Joelle's crib set and used it to recover the chair so that it matched her room. It turned out really cute.
This is the crib bed skirt that came with Joelle's crib set. I don't have a sewing machine so I hand sewed it and cut it up so that it would at least cover the parts of her bed that are seen. The other side of her bed has nothing! I used Velcro to attach the bed skirt to the foundation so that it stays in place.
This pictures came from her bumper pad. I bought wood picture frames from goodwill and used the batting from the bumper pad to cushion the pictures and I cut out the parts of the pad I liked and made these pictures. I used the ties from the pad to make the hangers. I am also working on making a lamp shade from the bumper pad. I don't have that completed yet, my mom just gave me an idea of how to make it work. Hopefully by the end of the day it will be done and I will make another post.
Megan got a new comforter for her room and it came with 2 pillow shams. We don't really use pillow shams so I used those to make these pictures for her room. They turned out really cute. I used the ties from Joelle's bumper pad to make the hangers for these as well.
I got this great fabric from goodwill (it has shoes on it) and used that to make more pictures for Megan's room. I have really enjoyed re-purposing items. I bought a staple gun to complete these projects and I am already trying to think of something else I can use it for!! Look out!

1 comment: