Thursday, March 24, 2011

Joelle's Secret Garden Room

Before: Joelle's room was a pale shade of blue. This used to be the office, it also had a build in desk along the wall where the door is. We only had 3/4 of a gallon of paint to do the room so it was touch and go a few times, but we ended up being just fine.
After: This is the third room that I have painted this shade of green for Joelle. My mom helped me paint her nursery and I painted the second room on my own, and this one I had my mom's help again! Joelle's crib bedding set was called Secret Garden. I used her crib bumper pad and diaper sack to make some of the elements in this room.
Above the closet door will be Joelle's name in red letters. The watermelon quilt is something my mom made many years ago and gave to me. I am so glad that it works in Joelle's room.
The floating shelf really shows off the fancy red picture frames. The memo board came from Megan's room, she got a new one that is part of her mirror. All in all, I love the way the room turned out. Obviously I have done this room 3 times and I am a little attached to the theme! Weird as it sounds, I already have some ideas for what her "school aged" room will look like in a few years. I just wasn't ready to give up this theme yet! The room turned out great and Joelle really likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment