Thursday, December 8, 2011

Deck the Tree

 I like to try to get the Christmas decorations up over Thanksgiving weekend.  Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't!  This year the big kids were with their mom for Thanksgiving.  I still got all the decorations up, but the tree was bare for 4 days!  I was so happy when they got back to our house and we could finally put the ornaments on the tree.  Joelle was so excited, she kept asking when David and Megan were going to come so we could put the "hangers" on the tree.  I explained to her that they aren't hangers, they are ornaments.  And she would say, no mom, I want to put the "hangers" on the tree.  I finally got her to understand that "hangers" were ornaments!!
 Megan is putting up the sacred Santa ornament.  My mom got me that me ornament many years ago and there is a matching snowman.  When David and Megan were younger, they used to fight over who got to put those on the tree because they were the biggest ornaments. 


The finished product.  I love sitting this room watching TV with the lights from the tree the only lights on. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the title of your post, Stacy! I also love seeing your beautiful children! Your tree looks awesome. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete