Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

 Time to make dinner!  Megan is using her new cutting board to get the salad ready. 
 David is taking lessons from Steve on how to make brown chicken.  Maybe someday soon the kids will be making the evening meals:)
 After dinner we get to open a few gifts from each other and maybe a gift or two from grandparents. 


As you can see, the kids love getting to open a few presents early!  After we opened the presents, Megan, Joelle, and I went out to look at lights.  Joelle was so excited about EVERY house with lights.  It didn't matter how many they had, she was yelling about the lights.  I drove around trying to find houses that would wow her and impress her.  It turned out that she was impressed by them all.  By the end of our drive she was fast asleep and Megan and I got to enjoy some really done up houses! 
Once I had Joelle in bed Steve, David, Megan, and I settled in to watch Disney's A Christmas Carol.  Steve ended up heading to bed and Megan fell asleep about half way through.  David and I stuck it out till the end.  I love traditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment