Friday, October 7, 2011

My Fall Break Project

 The task: to take this walkway and make it something I like to walk up!! 
 I dug a trench by the edge of the sidewalk so that rain runoff doesn't send sand and dust everywhere.  I also had to mix the clay soil with a topper soil.  That was the hardest part.  Wet clay is think and hard to dig up.  I think the reason the other flowers did not do well before is because the clay was not aerated enough.  Hopefully I have solved this problem!

 I placed everything to make sure that I liked how it would looked. 
I was out in the yard planting these babies from 7-9 at night.  I wanted to get them in the ground and watered before they spent a day in the sun.  The back row is mums and gerbera daisies. 
The front row is royal red superbena and gazania.
These are the gazanias.  They are really interesting because the flower closes its petals each night and then reopens in the morning. 
This is the suberbena.  It is a hybrid of a verbena. 
This is the Mexican heather that is at the corner. 
Here is the final product.  I can't wait for the new flowers to fill a little, I think they will turn out great.  Providing that they don't die!!

No comments:

Post a Comment