Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tyler and Danielle's Wedding

 My cousin Tyler got married this summer.  I was very excited to be in Ohio and see my extended family.  You can imagine how wonderful it was to grow up in a family where I had cousins galore!   Some of my fondest memories are of times that I was able to spend with aunts and uncles and cousins.  It is great to see all of their children and how everyone has grown!!  That is a large part of the reason that our family trips to Wisconsin are so important.  I want my children experience the large family get together.  Lucky for us, Steve also has a very large family so all of our get togethers are usually big affairs.  The kids had so much fun at the wedding.  Joelle was hilarious.  She would tell me she was going to go dance and moments later I would see her on the dance floor- dancing with some women we did not even know!!  I wish I could have seen if from the beginning.  Did she just walk up and grab someones hand or did she stare at them until they realized she wanted to dance with them!  I would walk over and apologize for her intrusion and they would just gush about how cute she was and that she was just fine.  She was really working the crowd! 
I was so happy to get a photo of Joelle with her Great Grandpa Niekamp at the church. 

Tyler and Danielle looked wonderful and the wedding was a good time! 

Joelle and Brooke were very busy.  After the cake was served, some munchies were put out in large bowls with cardboard boats to put the snacks into.  Joelle and Brooke very diligently "worked" as they put it to fill as many boats as they could and place them on the head table.  When I would try to get Joelle to come with me, she would tell me that she had work to with Brooke!!  They were hysterical. 
Joelle and the girls had so much fun.  When we left the reception to drive 45 minutes to our hotel, we were positive that Katey, Joelle, and Makenna were going to be fast asleep before long.  Apparently they were so excited they couldn't sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment