Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

The close to another wonderful Christmas is here. We anticipate this one day all year long and it is the fastest day of the year! This year I blinked and it was gone:( We had friends over on Christmas Eve and had a terrific night. When you don't have family nearby, it is such a blessing to have great friends to share the holidays with. The kids were all up way too late, even Joelle. They got to open their gifts from Grandma Pratt and Grandpa Bob and Grandma Ginny on Christmas Eve. The kids loved being able to open some presents early. After opening the presents, everyone went to bed. I woke up at about 7am. The house was still, not a creature was stirring, not even the kids. I quietly got out of bed (so I did not wake Steve) and went downstairs. I had a cup of coffee and a chance to relax a moment before the chaos hit. I actually got more than a moment, Steve finally had to wake the kids up at about 8am. I got Joelle up and she was NOT happy, but as soon as I said that Santa came and left presents to open- she popped right out of bed. It was a great morning. The kids all loved their gifts and we spent the rest of the day eating, playing, and resting. I blinked and it was time for bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment