Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fishing




I remember when I was little and my dad would take me and my siblings fishing. We were never really interested in fishing, but WOW, were the sodas and candy bars worth it! As I got older I would go with my dad to keep him company. He would fish and I would drink sodas, eat candy bars, and read a book. I even went ice fishing with him every Saturday at 6am. On the way to the lake we would stop at Kwik Trip and get cappuccinos. I sat in the shanty by the heater and read, while my dad was busy augging holes to fish out of. I never really got fishing, which is why I am so glad that my kids do. You should see them on the boat. They are in a zone. They touch and bait leeches! I still won't touch a leech. They will even kiss a fish! I enjoy being on the boat and being able to just watch them. And as always, it is more fun to fish when you catch something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment