Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sliding House Overlook Canyon De Chelly




This overlook had the most treacherous walkway to the actual lookout point.  There was NO walkway.  Do you see Joelle in this picture, yes we had to walk from behind that little hill to where I am standing in order to get to where you can see the canyon.  It was a little trying but Joelle loved it.  She might be a hiker!!  


Finally we got to some views.  These were just as breath taking as the others.  Unfortunately we had to hurry because we had to get back to pick Steve up!  

The smoothness of the canyon walls was amazing as well as the color in them.  There is just so much beauty out there.  I had hear of Canyon De Chelly before, but in passing and once I found out how far it was, I was like yeah, not driving 5 hours for that.  Umm, I  am really bummed that I did not have the chance to drive the North Rim so it is a trip I would consider again!  











No comments:

Post a Comment