Saturday, October 12, 2013

Soccer Begins!

 
Joelle had her first soccer practice and was so excited to be on her friend Hayden's team again.  Unfortunately, she rolled her ankle during her first practice.  She was such a trooper that she got back up and finished out practice.  She limped on the way to the car, but seemed to be doing okay.  We got home, she took a shower, and we got her ready for bed.  I was going to put ice on it before bed and when I looked at her ankle I was shocked!!  It was HUGE!  I couldn't believe that she wasn't still crying.  She was such an athlete she made me proud. 

 
She was very upset to find out that she would not be playing during her first game.  We went to the game since we were in charge of snacks, and she begged me all morning to let her play.  Her ankle bone is still pretty tender and she tried to participate in practice the following week, but rolled it again.  Hopefully taking more time off will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment