Sunday, April 14, 2013

Grand Canyon 2013

On the way to the Grand Canyon, we made a pits top in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon!  After we left Oak Creek, we headed to Williams for an overnight before going to the Canyon the next day.   
 
Red Rocks!
 

 
This is my favorite place in Sedona.  It is so beautiful.  When you go inside you can light candles, so each time I am there I light them for my Grandpa Hess and Grandma Niekamp, this year I lit candles for all my grandparents. 
 
We found snow!!  Joelle was so excited:)


Got some pretty jewelry at Oak Creek Canyon.

 How gorgeous is that view!?  This was my first time to the Grand Canyon and it was breath taking!  My parents and the kids (Megan and David) have been to the North Rim, but not the South Rim. 

 
 
Ready for our Hermit's Rest bus tour.  Thank goodness we took the bus because the stops we made were not accessible by car and we could have never made the walk!  Joelle would have complained non stop!
 

I loved getting photos of everyone with such a gorgeous background!  When you are at the Grand Canyon you just realize how very small you really are!

\
 Grandpa Bob being VERY silly! 




 
The day we were there was overcast so the pictures lost some of the brilliance!  But is was still a wonderful sight to behold.  I am very glad that I was able to do this with my parents:)  What a great memory for years to come!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment