Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ear Surgery Anyone?


 
Joelle had tubes put in her ears when she was 2 due to ear infections.  Her tubes held tight and now 3 years later, we have to have surgery to remove them so that she does not have any hearing issues!  Only my daughter would need to have surgery! 

 
 
We had to be there at 6am for her surgery.  Thank goodness for her leapster and a TV in the room.   You can see the nice purple beanie baby that Joelle was given by the Surgery Prep staff.  She is also snuggling under a quilt that volunteers made to make little kids feel better when they have to come to the hospital.  I love Mercy Gilbert!!   
 


 
My poor baby before they took the anesthesia off.  It broke my heart to see her like this, so helpless!  The nurse took off the mask and Joelle instantly opened her eyes, saw me and came in for a hug:)  Melted my heart!! 

 
15 minutes after she woke up, we were out the door!  She tolerated surgery very well and was great the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment