Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fa la la la la....

 

 
This year I got a little crafty with my Christmas décor!  These trees were made out of tomato cages and lights!!  They turned out so well.
 
 
 This is my bulb wreath!
 

 
This is the Christmas card holder that I made.  Pinterest is my new best friend as you can see:) 


 
Ahh, red lights.  The outside décor is in honor of Grandpa Niekamp.  His favorite holiday was Christmas and he always decorated his outside with red lights.  This was BEFORE they had strings of red and he would buy lights and paint them!!  His house was always the essence of Christmas for me.  The tree was decorated with glass ornaments and there was a train track that ran around the base.  The front door had the best jingle bells to announce when anyone entered the house.  I remember when I was younger and our family would go to Ohio for the holiday, we would enter the house and my dad would always say, "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas" as we entered the house.  My grandpa also always had a 3 tiered glass candy dish on the kitchen table with the best candies!!  This year my grandpa passed away after Thanksgiving and my family tried to do it up in a way that he would have liked!


 
I also made all these wreaths, not that they were very difficult as it is just garland, but they did turn out nice.  


 
Thank goodness the kids still like to help put the ornaments on the tree!!  It would be a big job if I had to do it all myself.  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the wreaths on the cabinet doors. Very cute card holder, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am addicted to pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete