Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Before and After Laundry Room

The laundry room was buidler beige!  I spend a lot of time in this room so I decided it needed a makeover.  My mom was going to be here for spring break, so it was the perfect time for painting!!  When I was younger, my grandpa Hess would come to visit and he was always the fix it guy.  He would help my parents with any things they wanted to do around the house.  He owned the house next to his house and made a tri-plex out of it.  He did all the work and up keep himself so he had all kinds of know-how.  I told my mom, she was my grandpa Hess!!  Here are the before pictures. 

 Notice the door frame.  The trim paint was completly scratched off.  It was like that on both doors.

 The After Photos
 I love how these letters turned out!
 Hooks for the kids to hang backpacks and coats.

 Voila!  Perfect door frame and door.  Right under the door knob the paint had been scraped or scratched off and now you would never even know!

My crafty picture frame key holder:) 
I got this paint from Home Depot- it was an oops paint.  It had the primer built in and it was only $7!  Before the trim and walls blended together and now the trim stands out and adds to room.  I love good deals and now I have a terrific room to do my laundry.  The best part is that whenever I see the room, I know mom and I did it together.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE walls with color! Good work, Stacy (and any little helpers you had in your midst)!!!

    ReplyDelete