Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why Not to Teach Your Child Their Colors

I was the proudest momma when Joelle learned that the green light on the street lights meant go and the red light meant stop. She is so smart, she even learned that the yellow light meant slow down! I know you are smiling, can you figure out where this is going???? On two separate occassions I have learned just how well she pays attention to what is going on around her. As I approached a street light, the light turned yellow. I was to close to the light to stop, so I had to turn. After the turn, Joelle said, "Mom, yellow means slow down," in a slightly annoyed voice. I explained to her that of course I slowed down, didn't you feel it when I slowed down. She looked at me in the mirror and with disapproval in her voice, she said, "No you didn't mom." Great, now I have a full time back seat driver who apparently is on the look out for her colors and what they mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment