Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. As I think back on all the wonderful things my mother has done for me, I feel very lucky to have a mother like her. I was raised properly even if I did not think so at the time. It is so true what they say, as a child, you think your parents know everything, then as a teenager you think you know everything, but by the time you have your own, you realize that your parents really did know everything and you wonder how you could have every doubted it. As a daughter, I think mother's day is a terrific way to pay homage to my mother. As a mother myself, I find myself thinking that this day is a day to be grateful and thankful that I have been lucky enough to call myself a mother. Being a mother has given me so many blessings from being proud of the accomplishments of my kids to recalling the moments that I was able to feel Joelle growing inside me. Steve and I brought life into this world and now we get to watch Joelle grow. She puts smiles on face multiple times a day and she makes my heart swell with love just as often. On this mother's day, I will be thankful that I can call myself a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment