Thursday, April 7, 2011

Carseat Mischief

My "wonderful"child Joelle has discovered that she is able to undo the buckles of her car seat. Not just the ones on the top, but the hard one at the bottom. I am not sure how she does it. I was not even aware that she could do it until driving to her daycare one day. As I approached a stop light I put on the breaks and stopped. When I stopped, I felt something hit the back of the driver's seat and when I looked in my little "Joelle" mirror, she was climbing BACK into her seat and sniffling. She completely undid her car seat and fell into my seat in the process! Then she had the nerve to tell me that it was my fault that she fell out of the seat. The scariest part was the fact that I was in the middle lane of traffic right by the freeway- no where to pull over and MAKE her put her buckles back on if she chose not to. Thank goodness she was scared enough by falling into the driver seat that she got back in that car seat and buckled in a hurry! I have a feeling that there will many times that this could be repeated. It might be sign of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment