Friday, February 4, 2011

Being Sick and Tired

Well, we have had so much going on the last few weeks I have been neglecting my duties of memory keeping for my family. First off, we have somewhere to live!! David and Megan are moving with their mom to a new house so they can move in with Mike and his boys, so that meant Kathlene's house was empty, enter us! This way the kids don't have to move into two new houses. We are looking forward to the move. Well, I am looking forward to getting out of a house that is going to be foreclosed on, but not the actual moving itself!
Joelle has been really sick the last 5 days. I got a call after work on Monday that Joelle had a temp of 102.6. When I got to the daycare, she was so pathetic. She was just miserable and shaking. We went home and began the Ibuprofen and Tylenol regiment. She was coughing non stop when I put her to bed so we went to urgent care. She was diagnosed with the flu and given Tamiflu. We had an appointment to see her pediatrician the next morning and since her cough never did stop, we did. He gave the same diagnosis and we got the Tamiflu and began giving her that. As long as she was medicated, she seemed okay. Finally on Thursday I thought her fever broke and we could both go back to school on Friday. My mistake, after a 4 hour nap, she woke up with a temp of 104:( Her darn cough is just horrible and may have even gotten worse, not better. I talked to the Dr on call and he said sometimes the fever can last 5 or more days with the flu. We are keeping her medicated and crossing our fingers that she will be better soon. As I type this she is working on a 4 1/2 hour nap (I am a little worried to get her up since I fear another fever). Well, that is about all I have at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment