Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bubble Gum Bart

 Joelle was so excited to try out for a part in the 2nd grade musical.  She tried out for Bubble Gum Bart, the villain, and she got it!  She learned her lines on her own and never asked for help once she had the part.  I went to watch her first practice and found her crying.  She told me that she did not want to be an actor and that she was a better singer than an actor.  I basically had to bribe her with a treat from the vending machine.  The first practice was for the day time Bart and she was the Bart that would perform for the parents.  I told her it was her nerves and she would be fine.  And so she was, until Monday when it was her turn to practice!  I got a call from the nurse who told me that Joelle said her tummy ache was bad enough that she needed to call me.  She told me she wanted to go home.  I explained that I was at work and couldn't take her.  She said can't you just get a sub?  Ha, not at 1 in the afternoon.  I told her I thought she was just nervous about the practice and she insisted that was not the cause of her tummy ache.  Then she said she promised she would just watch TV and stay on the couch.  I told her I didn't understand.  She proceeded to tell me that I could just drive her home and leave her there and then come back to work!  WHAT??  That is not happening.  Again, I bribed her with treats and she agreed to stay and do the practice.  
 And she was just fine and made it through without any problems.  She was very nervous and I could see that at first, but then she relaxed.  By showtime, she was ready and had her nerves under control.  I got nervous for her when I saw the entire MPR filled to the brim with parents.  We even had to take chairs out of classrooms for everyone to fit.  


She did an amazing job!  Not only were we so very proud of her, but everyone was like, Oh my gosh, she is great!  She just had an amazing stage presence.  We may have to find a play for her to participate in.  











No comments:

Post a Comment