Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hot Air Balloon Ride

Last year for Christmas Steve bought me a Hot Air Balloon ride.  I was very excited to go, because I used to crew for a lady that had a hot air balloon.  To my surprise, many things have changed in the last 10 years.  Balloons aren't able to use public land like they used to so it is more difficult for the pilots to go up.  
The balloon I used to crew for was about 90 cubic feet, and this one was about 250 cubic feet.  I was excited to be able to go up higher than I had before.  





It was a gorgeous day and the temperatures were great.  

We saw jack rabbits and coyotes in the desert.   At the highest, we flew about a mile up.  




This is what the balloon looked like as it deflated...all the hot air is trapped and rises.  

No comments:

Post a Comment