Monday, October 15, 2012

How I Spent My Fall Break!

Well, originally my plan for fall break was to paint the master bedroom and refinish the vanity in the kids bathroom. Since I had surgery right before break, that was out the window!! This is what I filled my time with!
 

So... I decided to cover the switch plates in my house.  This is from Megan's room.  She picked out the scrap paper herself. 
 

This is from my laundry room.  I just love this fabric.  Earlier in the year I covered the letters for the word laundry with this fabric and now I just took it further!!
Joelle got a new bed so I made more handing pictures for her from her old window valance.  I also painted the bed red- it used to be blue. 
 

 
These are the plates for Joelle's room.  David informed me that I was not allowed to do the ones in his room.  I will let him think he won... for now:)
 

 
After those 3 rooms were done I decided that I had to do the rest of my house.  I was just so excited with how it turned out.  It was a little time consuming, but very easy and super CHEAP!  This is how the bathroom turned out. 

 
This is how the rest of the house turned out.  It really makes a huge difference.  Who would have thought!

 I found this neat idea on Pinterest for hanging pictures with these old slack hangers.  I of course, just had to put my own touch on it with the fabric!!
 
I needed some sort of decor for above my mirror in the entry to the house.  This is what I made. 

 

 
 
The plastic container BEFORE

The container AFTER
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Crafting is so fun! Yes, time consuming, too - but SO worth it! Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete